As of Monday 20 April 2020, eligible businesses can now enrol for the JobKeeper payment.
You must do this by 30 April 2020 to claim JobKeeper payments for April.
The ATO have extended the date that you must to this by to 8 May 2020, in order to claim JobKeeper payments for April 2020.
In the online form:
- provide bank details
- indicate if you are claiming an entitlement based on business participation, i.e. if you are a sole trader, partner of a partnership or a trust beneficiary
- specify the estimated number of employees who will be eligible for:
- the first JobKeeper fortnight (30 March – 12 April 2020)
- the second JobKeeper fortnight (13 April – 26 April 2020)
JobKeeper has been extended to include a business that is run through a trust, sole trader or partnership structure.
ONE partner in a partnership, ONE beneficiary in a trust, or ONE working director/shareholder in a company are all now able to claim the JobKeeper subsidy.
If you need a refresher on the steps that should have been completed already, check out our previous posts:
- JobKeeper Payment (Covid-19 Stimulus Package update)
- TO ALL BUSINESS OWNERS WHO EMPLOY STAFF (JobKeeper or not?)
- JobKeeper – The Next Step
We have also created some helpful decision trees:
- Is my Business Eligible for Jobkeeper
- My Business is Eligible – What Next
- Eligible Employees – Payroll Processing